The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the School of Business, including but not limited to assisting faculty, students, alumni and community partners with furthering the goals and mission of the School of Business and its associated programs.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and social media inquiries from students, parents, CIU administration, business partners, vendors, ministries, and others seeking information or assistance.
- Assist School of Business students with course advising and other requests.
- Manage scheduling/calendar and coordination of faculty and School of Business schedules.
- Coordinate programs, events and meetings, including student and partner meetings.
- Assist with advising business and ministry community partners about services the School of Business and its associated programs can provide.
- Maintain and update databases, calendars, filing systems, blogs, and social media postings relating to the School of Business and program.
- Work with supervisor on marketing activities and community promotion of the CIU School of Business.
- Serve as liaison for School of Business with other CIU administrative personnel. Must have ability to develop personal information networks to achieve and facilitate goals.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required or assigned.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketplace environment preferred. Experience in the healthcare, insurance or financial services industries, and/or in a marketing, advertising or sales organization a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and presentations and spreadsheet applications (Excel, PowerPoint & Google Slides).
- Ability to meet, represent the School of Business, and deal effectively with students, parents, businesses, ministries, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn academic functions and organization, especially FERPA.
- Ability to take appropriate initiative and exercise responsible independent judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business terminology and best-in-class procedures.
- Proficient in all social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to routinely lift and carry at least 10 pounds, arrange portable furniture, sit and stand for prolonged periods, maneuver stairs.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, PowerChurch or other financial software desirable.
- Experience working with executive-level personnel and/or government officials helpful.
- Foreign language experience desired but not required.
- BS/BA in a business-related major.