The administrative assistant serves as administrative support to the Director of Residence Life; works closely with resident assistants, campus life coordinators and summer housing assistant(s); manages the routine and day to day responsibilities of the Residence Life office.
- Cultivate a positive, upbeat, service oriented office environment.
- Handle the answering and transferring of phone calls and/or recording messages appropriately.
- Provide support for the Director of Residence Life (DRL) to include: scheduling appointments, sorting mail, screening calls, monitoring housing situations, and other assigned tasks.
- Serve as the liaison between students and the Physical Plant.
- Manage routine tasks of the office including the maintenance of accurate and confidential files, data entry, and appropriate handling of paperwork.
- Coordinate efforts between Residence Life office and other departments within CIU and within the Student Life division.
- Assist the DRL with housing assignments.
- Assist in coordinating housing for prospective students who spend the night on campus.
- Assist the DRL during orientation periods.
- Assist with RA/FLT retreats.
- Assist with residence check-in and check-out of building.
- Assist the summer housing coordinator in training and preparation for the summer.
- Supervise student worker.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Proficiency in typing and computer use (WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, etc.)
- Pleasant telephone voice and accuracy in recording messages
- Good people skills
- Good communication skills
- General knowledge of office machinery
- Minimum of associates degree required
- Minimum of two years office experience