The Admissions Coordinator supports CIU and the admissions department by moving students through the admissions process to enrollment, assisting to establish and maintain departmental policies and procedures, and coordinating recruitment strategies.
- Receive and process incoming application pieces (online application, test scores, transcripts, references, essays); evaluate transfer credits; accurately document information in the database; communicate missing requirements and requirements received to applicants; determine eligibility, acceptance, or rejection of applicants into programs.
- Collect, assess, and coordinate recruiting travel opportunities looking at geography, cost, time, and personnel.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures manual for admissions department.
- Create and provide training on policies and procedures acting as the compliance officer for admissions policies.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data and trends within admissions enrollment funnel for the Enrollment Director.
- Work with admissions operations team to improve office efficiency and communication internally and externally.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by supervisor.
- Close attention to detail.
- Natural technical ability and experience with computers and office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Aptitude to receive constructive criticism.
- Proven interpersonal, scheduling, hospitality and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years related experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and Adobe products preferred.