This Admissions Counselor exists to support the mission of the Admissions department performing a variety of activities to recruit, advise and enroll a qualified and diverse undergraduate student body that meets the college’s enrollment goals. This position requires a balance of relational and task orientation. Strong communication skills in person, as well as on the phone and in writing are necessary. This position is primarily focused on the undergraduate programs with an awareness of the graduate school and School of Seminary and Missions as needed.
- Intentionally build relationships with prospective students through email, phone calls, and personal notes that help communicate the programs of the University and admissions policies.
- Maintain applicant files
- Process and review applications for admission to the University
- Meet with and interview prospective students and guests during campus visits
- Recruit students via recruiting trips to assigned geographical territories as well as local high schools as assigned
- Coordinate file review with faculty and student deans as needed
- Coordinate communication flow for assigned inquiries and applicants.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be alert, precise, analytical, tactful, and persuasive.
- Mental faculties to plan, organize, and make decisions.
- Knowledge of computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with prospective students, parents and the general public.
- Ability to travel as assigned.
- Knowledge of CIU academic programs, admissions policies and procedures, and general enthusiasm for the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year experience as a CIU student preferred.
- Experience in admissions, recruiting, or ministry leadership preferred.