The Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for Columbia International University’s residential undergraduate programs. The counselor serves as the liaison between prospective students and the university personnel to ensure a seamless experience for applicants as they proceed through the admissions cycle to enrollment.This is a site-based (not remote) position.
- Advise prospective students of the admission process and steps to enrolling.
- Coordinate communication with prospective students and intentionally build relationships with prospective students through email, phone calls, text, and personal notes.
- Assist in the identification of new target markets while creating and implementing new recruitment strategies with new/potential students.
- Manage and track recruitment leads from various sources; telephone calls, website, contact cards, and referrals.
- Assist in the coordination of campus visits, tours and events for prospective students and their parents.
- Attend recruiting and informational events to represent the university.
- Give presentations to support the recruitment efforts of the university.
- Serve as a liaison between the university and high school counselors.
- Assist with the development and revision of office policies and procedures.
- Planning daily work flow, setting goals, building trust, and maintaining accountability for admissions student workers.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be alert, precise, analytical, tactful, and persuasive.
- Ability to plan, be organized, and make decisions.
- Able to use the Microsoft Office Suite applications with ease.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to meet and work effectively with prospective students, parents and the general public.
- Ability to travel as assigned.
- Knowledge of CIU academic programs, admissions policies and procedures, and general enthusiasm for the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in admissions or recruiting preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
● 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
● 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
● 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
● Long term disability insurance;
● Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
● Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate