This position is responsible for lunch set-up/take-down/clean-up at the MPR and assisting custodians at the high school, elementary school, and the St Andrews Rd campus. The afternoon/evening shift custodian is responsible for preparing the facility for the next day’s activities in such a way as to provide a clean, comfortable, and attractive environment for students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Clean assigned areas according to prescribed manner.
- Clean carpets and polish VCT floors in assigned areas.
- Assist in preparing facilities for special events.
- Assist with the stripping and waxing of floors.
- Assist with special custodial tasks during breaks.
- Be alert for safety hazards and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for security issues and notify campus security.
- Fill in for absent Ben Lippen custodians.
- May be required to work overtime or Saturdays occasionally.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- Submit work orders for maintenance issues needing attention.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to use carpet cleaner and floor buffer.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to relate to and work around young people including elementary age.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible.
- High school diploma.
- One-year custodial experience.