Under the direction of the Development Director, the Alumni Relations/Development Coordinator is responsible for establishing, maintaining and cultivating relationships with Ben Lippen Alumni and donors through engaging alumni programs, strategic communication, and meaningful alumni and development events.
Because of the nature of event planning, candidate must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate meetings and events which may occur in the evening or on a weekend. Additionally, candidate must be able to work more or less hours in a given week depending upon events scheduled.
The successful candidate will have strong written and interpersonal communications skills and have the ability to interact effectively with Ben Lippen leaders, faculty and staff, parents, students, and alumni. This person must be highly organized, detail-oriented, a self-starter, flexible, resourceful and capable of managing several priority projects. The successful candidate will demonstrate high level of judgment and have the ability to respond quickly to changing situations. Additionally, the individual will exude professionalism and integrity as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality as needed.
- Develop and implement a Strategic Communication Plan. Specific focus is on leveraging opportunities for the use of digital communications in response to a rapidly changing communications environment. The Coordinator manages an intergrated digital marketing campaign and calendar for Development and Alumni Relations, drafting much of this outreach.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of established alumni events including: promotion, site selection, checklists, budget, vendor negotiations, logistics, volunteers, menus, decorations, set-up, tear down, audio visual, registration, speakers, scripting, giveaways, auctions, post event surveys, and reporting.
- Research, develop and implement new alumni programs and events.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of all donor driven events such as State of the School, groundbreaking, grandparent's day, etc.
- Develop and implement Alumni Recognition Plan - Design alumni displays and monitor news and social media for BL alumni accomplishments.
- Develop Alumni Engagement Plan - Meet & cultivate personal relationships with select alumni.
• Three years of related experience preferred.
• Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Understanding of Christian education philosophy desirable.