The APA stylist supports CIU doctoral students by reviewing dissertation sections and chapters, and providing feedback for APA Style (7th edition) compliance. This is a temporary part-time position.
- Review sections and chapters submitted by PhD candidates throughout the proposal and dissertation writing process.
- Send one APA review per month to team lead for review.
- Be available for weekly stylist team meetings (45-60 minutes).
- Be available to communicate with students as needed (email, video chat).
- Contribute to administrative program tasks as needed.
- Remain current and proficient in APA Style, 7th edition.
- Obtain a copy of the 7th edition Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Must have access to Microsoft Word and be familiar with “Track Changes” and “Review” features for commenting and editing.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in English, writing, communication, or related field.
- Must have three to five years’ experience with editing/proofreading.
To apply, please complete and submit the CIU Online Studies Adjunct Application.