The Applications Program Manager serves as the departmental liaison in support of all student and business applications to coordinate and facilitate implementation of cost-effective technology and business solutions in recruiting and retaining students. This employee will manage the database development team in the implementation of solutions.
- Serve as the IT liaison with departmental representatives to implement cost effective technology and business solutions in achieving university strategic recruitment and retention goals.
- Manage the database development team in the implementation of system upgrades, enhancements and reports.
- Contribute information and recommendations to enhance departmental processes and applications to accomplish goals and add value to current business practices.
- Lead and facilitate activities that enhance communication and interaction among the functional representatives regarding technology best practice processes and solutions.
- Track and report on project initiatives maintain status on progress, schedule and budgets.
- Assist departments with technical report writing and training as required.
- Interact with technology vendors to secure professional services, support and training for database developers as well as functional users.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be a self-starter willing to take initiative, work independently and manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to include interaction with vendors, faculty, departmental head, Deans and staff.
- Must be a problem solver demonstrating the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and end user capabilities in the development of effective solutions to business problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in facilitating resolution to conflicting expectations and requirements in the development of technology solutions for business problems.
- Working knowledge of EX modules, PowerFaids and supporting systems.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three yearsexperience working in a higher education academic environment.
- Three years experience working with Jenzabar student systems.