This person in this position assists the Postmaster in the daily processing of mail services for the entire CIU and Ben Lippen campus. Thirty-two hours of this position is in the CIU Post Office, and another eight hours is for the Physical Plant in performing various maintenance tasks.
- Sort, arrange, and prepare incoming mail and packages for delivery to student boxes, faculty/staff departments, Ben Lippen and Pineview Apartments.
- Deliver mail and packages to locations across campus.
- Pick-up and deliver mail and packages to and from US Post Office.
- Meter outgoing mail.
- Provide counter services at Post Office window.
- Assist Postmaster in ongoing services and needs for the Post Office.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance projects for the Physical Plant Department, as well as other maintenance tasks (8 hours per week).
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently sort mail according mail boxes and delivery destinations.
- Must have good customer skills in providing services for the customer window.
- Able to lift boxes weighing 50 to 60 lbs.
- High school graduate (or equivalent) minimum.
- Basic computer stills.
- Competent with basic math (maintaining records, providing change, etc.)