The Assistant Registrar creates and maintains records for all students and graduates, has a working knowledge of related policies and procedures and provides quality service to faculty, staff, current students, alumni and external constituencies.
- Manages student records from entrance to graduation, ensuring accurate transfer entry and curricular accuracy upon graduation.
- Confirms that all admission policies and procedures related to student academic records have been meet at entrance.
- Ensures timely and accurate publication of university academic calendar, catalog, and course schedules.
- Performs degree conferral, data entry, and degree audit maintenance.
- Communicates to students all academic responsibilities in order to maintain enrollment at the university and ultimately successful completion.
- Equips faculty through regular communication and database tools to meet their responsibilities to students and advisees.
Policies and Procedures: Understand and apply policy and procedures related to:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act [FERPA].
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers [AACRAO] records retention guidelines.
- Catalogs, curricular requirements and policies/procedures of all schools within the University.
- Registration and records functions of the University Registrar’s Office.
- Accreditation requirements [ABHE, ATS, SACS].
Customer Service: Provide on-call, quality assistance to faculty, staff, current students, alumni and external constituencies in areas such as:
- Registration, enrollment verification, and website information.
- Academic petitions, faculty directed studies, and transfer credit.
- Granting third parties access to student records, FERPA restrictions and releases.
- Graduation, grades, transcript requests, room reservations, and telephone call/email routing, etc.
Project Management: Execute tasks in areas as assigned such as:
- Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and Policies manuals.
- Computer coding and set up for new academic year including registration, orientation, semester start-up services and working within our intranet and with internet.
- Assist and work with other University departments in the review and updating of annual academic catalogs.
- Data accuracy verification and clean-up.
- Submit reports to governmental agencies.
- Commencement planning and ceremonies.
- Understand how registration and record processes integrate with and affect the processes of other University departments.
- Attend faculty and staff meetings and other duties as assigned
- Be team-oriented, able to multi-task and have a customer service orientation.
- Have a working knowledge of database functions including accuracy in data entry, data reports and word processing.
- Be adept at handling confidential matters, have good communication skills, both orally and in writing and be able to prioritize projects based on administrative processes and academic cycle.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Experience in EX Jenzabar and web design helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree and computer experience required.
- Master’s degree and office experience preferred.