The Assistant Manager works with the Residential Property Manager to serve residents of Pine View Properties as well as recruit prospective residents. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for managing day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local market in order to positively promote Pine View Properties and its amenities to prospective residents through showing, phone inquiries and email.
- Follow up with qualified candidates to convert inquiries into quality applicants.
- Respond to prospective and current residents via email, voicemails, phone calls and visits in a welcoming and helpful manner.
- Ensure model and Community Center are clean and ready.
- Communicate with Maintenance staff to ensure timely response to maintenance issues.
- Schedule vendors, provide keys and materials as needed, accompany to apartments, and follow up as needed.
- Process new applications and communicate with prospective applicants.
- Assign apartments to new residents with input from Property Manager-in-Charge (PMiC).
- Send letters of intent, lease agreements, and track resident paperwork.
- Complete move-in and move-out inspections.
- Manage key log and ensure key security.
- Assist with audits (file audit, furniture audit, storage room audit).
- Review and maintain knowledge of applicable laws (FERPA, SC Landlord and Tenant Act, Fair Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, SC Licensing Law, etc.).
- Manage payments, charges and notifications related to resident's accounts.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Desire to serve others with a positive, welcoming attitude.
- Able to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks as the need arise.
- Knowledge of applicable laws (FERPA, SC Landlord and Tenant Act, Fair Housing Act, etc.) – may be acquired through property management licensure course.
- High School diploma required.
- SC Property Manager License required (if not currently licensed, must complete Property Management course within 30 days of start date and pass licensure exam within 30 days of course completion).
- Six months or more office experience required.
- Experience in property management preferred.
- Knowledge of AppFolio is a plus.