The Athletic Academic Coordinator is responsible for working with the student athletes at Columbia International University throughout their educational journey. The person will certify eligibility paperwork in coordination with the Athletic Department. He/she may also be responsible for mentoring high-risk student athletes and monitoring their academic progress through regular individual meetings.
- Certify eligibility paperwork in coordination with the athletic department.
- Proactively reach out through phone and email to current student athletes to help them identify available University resources, address other academic needs, and offer encouragement to increase retention and degree completion rates.
- Review academic progress of current student athletes to ensure progress toward degree completion.
- Assist in developing services and processes that enhance the student experience and support student retention and achievement
- Collaborate with faculty and other University departments to support students and resolve student issues.
- Understand and apply policy and procedures related to FERPA, records retention guidelines, and accreditation requirements.
- Understand and apply policy and procedures related to compliance requirements for the NAIA and NCCAA.
- Provide on-call quality assistance to students in areas such as registration, enrollment verification, academic petitions and transfer credit.
- Assist students with granting third parties access to student records, FERPA restrictions, graduation, grades and transcript requests.
- Understand how registration and record processes integrate with and affect the processes of other University departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in academic advising at the collegiate level strongly preferred.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone, email, and interpersonal).
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Commitment to maintaining best practices in service, innovation, and efficiency.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in EX Jenzabar and web design helpful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.