The AV and media technician will provide technical support for the corporate divisions' technology needs with an emphasis on the deployment and operation of classroom equipment, event equipment for events meetings/audits and media software. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment issues and assisting with updating the AV calendars and managing incoming tickets.
- Set up, deploy, computer hardware, computer software, printers, tablets, smartphones, and LCD digital signage TVs/monitors, projectors and portable PA equipment for classroom, events, and general campus needs using best practices
- Assist with Chapel support/logistics - includes setting up and tearing down, moving equipment, operating equipment, running cables for equipment, coordinating event schedules, practice schedules, coordinate use of PowerPoints and other media, documentation of setup
- Perform inventory management for equipment and related documentation. Coordinate laptop/tablet reservations for corporation users for various needs based on stock loaners in inventory. Help manage the calendars and tickets. Interact with users to determine their needs. Basic cleaning and Maintaining AV and Classroom Equipment.
- Assist with training for end users on how to use equipment in addition to maintaining instructions on proper usage. Assist users with syncing mobile devices to work email.
- Assist with projects related to the replacement of media equipment, classroom equipment, and digital signage across the corporation.
- Perform password resets for classroom users, board members, auditors, and other users pertaining to classroom and events.
- Serve as backup for AV and Media Manager for chapel and other major events corporate wide or assist the manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include interaction with public, students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize tasks and independently manage numerous details associated with coordination of AV setup and preparation.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding proper troubleshooting procedures and protocols.
- Working knowledge of Windows, WordPerfect, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Skilled knowledge of audio-video equipment
- Working knowledge of presentation software.
- Experience with MAC and Windows formats a plus.
- One year college or technical school. Technical certification or associates degree in computer technology and media technology preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an audio-video production related field.
- IT computer deployment experience a plus.