The Ben Lippen Finance Director, under the supervision of the Controller, has the responsibility to provide leadership in sound fiscal management of all financial matters, including the development and management of the budget, and the management of receipts and payments. The Ben Lippen Finance Director is the liaison between the CIU Accounting Department and Ben Lippen School, and assists in budget preparation, budget control, and student billing.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining optimal fiscal programs and operations.
- Provides leadership in projecting and financial planning for future years.
- Assist Ben Lippen Headmaster, CIU Controller in the preparation of the annual budget for Ben Lippen School.
- Reviews all financial data coming from Ben Lippen to CIU to assure proper approval, documentation and account coding are on documents that are submitted.
- Investigates budget variances as required or requested by CIU Controller, or Ben Lippen Headmaster. Takes appropriate action as needed.
- Directs and assists in the preparation and operation of Ben Lippen student billing. Reconciles Ben Lippen student billing to CIU general ledger monthly.
- Acts as Ben Lippen liaison with the audit firm conducting the annual CIU financial audit under the supervision of the CIU Controller.
- Reviews Ben Lippen accounts receivable for delinquent accounts and assists in the implementation of delinquent policy, and collection process as needed.
- Creates Budget Analysis report for Budget officers and works with them on analyzing variances.
- Continuously analyzes processes to be automated/ improved
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Supervises and assists in the preparation and deposit of Ben Lippen funds received.
- Serves as secretary for regular finance meetings, taking minutes, preparing required reports, updating calendar and agenda, and scheduling meetings on a regular basis.
- Creates monthly reports to be distributed to the BLS Finance Committee and headmaster.
- Other duties as assigned by CIU Controller.
- Good working knowledge of accounting procedures and software.
- Strong knowledge of billing, budgeting and accounts receivable systems.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Very strong in collaborative working relationships.
- B.A.or B.S. degree in Accounting or Business required.
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience required.