Ben Lippen Upper School
40 hours/12 months
July 01, 2018
The Ben Lippen Middle School Principal gives supervision to the middle school faculty, staff, students and programs.
- Supervises faculty and staff daily operations and conducts faculty meetings.
- Plans and monitors faculty teaching schedules.
- Observes and evaluates teaching and classroom effectiveness.
- Prepares and monitors student daily class schedules.
- Oversees student discipline procedures.
- Coordinates student activities and monitors the Middle School budget.
- Maintains and monitors faculty and administrative parent communications.
- Plans and consults with the Executive Team.
- Assesses and communicates repair and improvement needs to the maintenance department and to the Headmaster as needed.
- Meets with new families and conducts admissions interviews.
- Interviews prospective faculty members and makes recommendations for hiring.
- Performs other administrative and teaching duties as required and assigned by the Headmaster.
- Knowledge of and commitment to personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Knowledge and background in sound educational practices.
- Knowledgeable in sound business practices as they relate to educational planning.
- Ability to relate well with people.
- Ability to give attention to a variety of details.
- Ability to effectively supervise multiple staff members.
- Ability to organize and manage well.
- Ability to publicly communicate with appropriate verbal and writing skills in a knowledgeable, informative and endearing manner.
- Must have a minimum of an earned Bachelor degree. A Master degree in the area of educational administration is preferable.
- Must maintain administrative certification with a recognized educational organization.
- Must have a minimum of three years administrative and/or five years teaching experience.