Ben Lippen Upper School
40 Hours/ 10 months
August 01, 2019
The Ben Lippen Learning Accommodations Coordinator is responsible to:
- oversee the learning accommodations program.
- work closely with Principals, School Counselor, teachers, parents, and students to coordinate accommodation services.
- write “Classroom Observation” portion of psycho-educational reports.
- understand and explain psycho-educational reports, in particular the assessments of Cognitive Ability and Academic Achievement Levels and their relevance to accommodations.
- attend meetings with district school psychologist.
- write accommodation plans for students.
- coordinate and lead accommodations meetings with parents, student, and teachers.
- monitor student progress and use of accommodations.
- renew accommodation plans on a yearly basis.
- coordinate accommodations for PSAT, final exams, and standardized testing.
- keep records of appropriate documentation.
- act as SSD Coordinator for College Board (and equivalent for ACT).
The ideal candidate for the Learning Accommodation Coordinator position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Master’s degree in Special Education and/or Education Specialist certificate preferred.
- ACSI teacher certification.
- three years of experience in a school setting.
- strong administrative and interpersonal skills.
- a strong knowledge and experience in the area of special education (in particular students who have Communication Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Specific Learning Disorder, and Motor Disorder).
- knowledge of the rights that private school students with special needs have to receive public school services.
- understanding of College Board and ACT documentation requirements for students with disabilities.
- knowledge of available scholarships for students with special needs.
- a passion for discipling students and investing in their spiritual formation.