Ben Lippen Upper School
Part-time 10 months: August - May
August 01, 2018
Ben Lippen School has a job opening for a part-time Upper School Science Teacher.
A Ben Lippen science teacher is responsible to:
- teach four sections of high school science (one or more of the following: AP Chemistry Chemistry, and Marine Science).
- collaborate with other members of the science department to continually revise and develop the science curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- assist in the mentoring and discipling of teens.
- perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the high school principal.
The ideal candidate for the high school science teacher position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in science, science education, or a closely related field (an advanced degree is preferred).
- ACSI teacher certification in science.
- two years of successful teaching experience in secondary science.
- AP Chemistry experience preferred.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad and TI graphing calculators) into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment.
- demonstrated experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.