Ben Lippen Upper School
40 hours/10 months
August 01, 2018
A Ben Lippen Social Studies teacher is responsible to:
- plan and instruct six sections of high school Social Studies (AP Government, Honors Government/Economics, College Preparatory Government/Economics).
- collaborate with other members of the Social Studies department to continually revise and develop the social studies curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- facilitate student growth through character formation.
- come along-side the family and church and partner in the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of the student.
- assist in the mentoring and discipling of teens.
- perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the Upper School Principal.
The ideal candidate for the upper school Social Studies teacher position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in History, History education, or a closely related field (an advanced degree is preferred).
- ACSI secondary teacher certification in History.
- state certification is preferred
- two years of successful teaching experience in secondary History.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad) into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment.
- a demonstrated experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.