The Head Baseball Coach/Program Director will work directly with the Athletic Director of Ben Lippen School. The Program Director will be directly responsible for the baseball development of all levels (varsity, junior varsity, middle school, and developmental) and for carrying out a plan that creates and sustains the progressive development and success of the overall baseball program. The Head Baseball Coach/Program Director will be included in all decisions related to the baseball program including staffing, budget, off-season training, camps and instructional clinics as well as player development.
- Must be a mature believer in Christ with a clear and persuasive personal testimony and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the teaching of Scripture.
- Must agree with the doctrinal standards and follow the lifestyle policies, as given in the Ben Lippen employment application.
- Follows and upholds the policies and mission statement of Ben Lippen School.
- Plan, organize, and direct the Ben Lippen Baseball Program.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensures that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- This job requires you to interact thoughtfully and respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and community. Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and some assemblies.
- Ensures that proper forms (insurance, attendance, medical) are obtained and current and that all student athletes are academically eligible.
- Consults with the Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs including scheduling dates for summer camps/practices, uniform orders, pre-post tryout informational parent meetings.
- Hold informational parent meetings at the beginning of each season for all levels. Organize a parent volunteer group to help with snack bar, parties, team meals, end of the year banquet, etc.
- Creates a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional and spiritual development of students.
- Maintains strong interpersonal skills: Works well with other from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Works directly with school athletic trainer in reporting injuries, teaching precautions and procedures to ensure staff/student safety and help students prevent injuries.
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
- Ability to organize and supervise a High School Boys Baseball Program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game is paramount. Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport.
- Role model that coincides with Ben Lippen’s mission.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years Head Coaching experience or five years assistant coach.
If interested contact Ben Lippen’s Athletic Director, Shannon Glenn at Shannon.Glenn@benlippen.com.
Qualified candidates will download and complete the Ben Lippen School application.