The CIU School of Business and Professional Studies includes a variety of undergraduate programs and courses in the general areas of Business, including Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Business Law, Human Resources, International Business, Leadership, Logistics, Management, Marketing, Risk Management, Strategic Operations, Planning, and Intercultural Management. The School of Business also offers an online Masters in Business Administration and a Doctorate (Ph.D) in Organizational Leadership. The School of Business is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and highly motivated full-time faculty member with academic and practical business or entrepreneurship experience to join our undergraduate, on-campus faculty team and enhance the School’s exciting academic initiatives. Enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment is important.
The successful candidate will serve as an instructor for assigned business-related topics, including but not limited to those listed above, and as an advisor to students on academic and career issues. The successful candidate will develop course curriculum, lectures, presentations, and teach 24 semester hours annually, which may include evening classes, as well as evaluate and assess student learning objectives for all assigned classes.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in faculty meetings, attend student events, conferences, and serve on standing and ad hoc committees within the School of Business and the University as requested.
- Interact with prospective students and advocate the School of Business and its programs.
- Become involved in the local business community and campus student business organizations and enhance the visibility of the School of Business by conducting or participating in community and campus events and programs.
- Yearly affirm CIU’s mission, doctrinal position, and community standards.
- Undertake and complete additional tasks as assigned by the Provost or Dean of the School of Business and Professional Studies.
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D or DBA) in a business-related discipline from an accredited institution preferred.
- Some corporate management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to teach effectively at the college level. Candidates with previous university teaching experience preferred.
- Competent in or able to learn and facilitate online education for a Business-related curriculum.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching.
- Ability to design and implement effective instructional strategies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to live within and support the standards of the CIU community.
- Continuous commitment to CIU’s mission and vision.