The Campus Visit Coordinator, as a member of the Admissions Team, is responsible for coordinating a thriving and innovative campus visit program, planning and organizing distinctive campus-wide recruitment programs. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for CIU, its programs, services, and student success.
- Customize a schedule for the prospective student that may include: admissions and financial aid information, class visit, chapel, lunch with a professor (in program of interest), campus tour, housing information and/or employment inquiries. This position will serve visits for both Undergraduate and Seminary/Graduate School divisions.
- Communicate with prospective students in order to gather the information required to individualize their campus visit. Effort made to tailor each visit to the expressed needs of the student whenever possible
- Work with faculty members to arrange classroom visits and lunch meetings for prospective students and their families.
- Build strong working relationships with academic program partners and other University offices such as Resident Life, Student Life, Facilities, Hallmark, Athletics, and Alumni.
- Receive visitors upon arrival and remain responsive to their needs throughout the visit.
- Communicate on-campus accommodations to prospective students and their families, and provide information on local hotel options as well.
- Compile “Information Packets” for prospective students.
- Plan/coordinate annual events such as Open House, Preview Day, Scholarship Events, as well as Special Event Tours (Welcome Week, Alumni Weekend, New Board Members, V.I.P. Visitors, etc.)
- Coordinate the campus visit program including hiring, training, and supervising student workers and tour guides; arrange for transportation for visitors to and from airport, etc.
- Send correspondence to visitors before and after visits and/or recruitment events.
- Work collaboratively with web specialist, marketing, and other staff to develop effective marketing campaigns, and communications to promote the campus visit program.
- Provide/maintain reporting for visits, and on-campus recruiting events.
- Track event and visit expenses and stay within event budget parameters. Plan yearly budget for future event and visit needs.
- Evaluate visit program success through frequent assessment, submitting reports to supervisors highlighting ROI and recommendations for improvements.
- Contribute ideas and recommendations for the development and implementation of admissions recruitment programs.
- Provide admissions information to undergraduate, graduate/seminary students.
- Provide administrative assistance to admissions process as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks throughout the day, adjust to frequent schedule changes, and completing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- An awareness of and sensitivity to campus visitor’s needs and a commitment to endeavor to meet those needs.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute complex events.
- Knowledge of departmental and institutional functions and organization.
- Ability to work effectively with institutional personnel and help foster a team mentality.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and compliance with CIU’s vehicle-use requirements.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Capable to lead and manage a motivated student staff.
- Experience working with volunteers or supervising students and/or staff
- Experience working in higher education student services or closely related area.
- Experience using computers and technology to inform and engage others.
- Experience working with high school students.
- Bachelor’s degree.