Collaborates with the dean, other faculty members, and staff to offer professional training in clinical mental health counseling within a biblical worldview in order to provide Christ-like therapeutic relationships for healing and growth and fulfill the university’s mission of educating people from a Christian worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Pursues that mission with a commitment to CIU’s educational philosophy of total life training integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skills development, with Bible at the core. Focuses on teaching courses in clinical counseling.
- Demonstrate excellence in classroom teaching, including proficiency in classroom and online instructional technology.
- Advise and mentor students; foster student-faculty relationships by participating in student functions and small groups as appropriate.
- Participate in professional associations, research, and writing that support the professional discipline(s) taught.
- Model consistent service in local church, mission, and/or marketplace contexts.
- Model Christ-like character and conduct; exhibit growth in areas of personal challenge.
- Participate in growing a biblical university, encourage prospective students to attend CIU’s colleges, and promote CIU’s other ministries.
- Knowledge of clinical counseling with preference given to individuals experienced in child/adolescent and marriage/family counseling
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of classroom technology and willing to be trained in online technology
- Skill in public speaking, teaching, and written communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with and coaching adult learners as well as undergraduate students as necessary
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited institution
- Licensed graduate of a CACREP program with clinical counseling experience highly desired
- Teaching experience in higher education at the graduate level with three years preferred
- Commitment to cross-cultural ministry with some cross-cultural ministry experience preferred
If interested, complete the CIU EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION (link at bottom of the employment page) if you meet the qualifications. For more information, contact Dr. John Harvey, Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org.