College of Counseling
August 01, 2016
- Collaborates with the College of Counseling faculty team to offer professional training in clinical mental health counseling within a biblical worldview in order to provide Christ-like therapeutic relationships for healing and growth.
- Embraces CIU’s educational philosophy of integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skills development, with Bible at the core.
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited institution.
- Licensed graduate of a CACREP program. At least five years of full-time clinical counseling experience.
- At least three years of full-time teaching experience in graduate-level higher education .
- Commitment to cross-cultural ministry outside the US.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of and experience in clinical mental health counseling.
- Expertise in child/adolescent and/or marriage/family counseling.
- Proficiency in the use of educational and classroom technology.
- Effectiveness in communicating with and coaching adult learners.
- Commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making.