The custodian performs routine custodial tasks in order to maintain buildings in an attractive, orderly, and clean manner. The custodian does set-ups and moves for meetings and special events, collects trash, fills in for absent custodians. and performs other related custodial tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Do set-ups for meetings and special events ensuring that work is done as requested and completed in a timely manner.
- Do furniture moves ensuring that work is done safely.
- Pick up trash at BL MR Campus and CIU.
- Clean outdoor trash receptacles as needed.
- Clean tables and chairs as needed.
- Wash windows and pressure wash sidewalks and buildings.
- Collect recyclables.
- Fill in for absent custodians.
- Be alert for custodial and maintenance needs and submit work orders to insure that issues are addressed.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours, and notify supervisor.
- Assist custodial staff in performing scheduled tasks during Christmas and Spring breaks.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Minimum ability in use of hand tools.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Ability to relate and work around young people including elementary age.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to back a vehicle in areas of restricted visibility and space.
- Ability to handle large heavy objects safely without injury to workers and damage to objects.
- Ability to plan and organize furniture moves and supervise the work crew.
- Able to be flexible.
- High school diploma required.
- Two years custodial experience required.