The employee in this position performs routine custodial tasks in order to maintain buildings in an attractive, orderly, and clean manner and is responsible for maintaining the buildings during the evening and other related custodial tasks as assigned by supervisor. Hours are 5:00PM to 9:00PM.
- Clean bathrooms and common areas according to prescribed manner.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, clean glass in all assigned areas.
- Empty trash containers in common areas.
- Be alert for areas that need custodial attention and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours, and notify security.
- Assist custodial staff in performing scheduled tasks during school breaks.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- Fill in for absent custodians.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible with work schedule.
- High school diploma required.
- Two-years custodial experience.