The Dean’s Office Manager manages the office of the College of Education dean as well as provides administrative and academic management support to the dean.
1. Assist the COE Dean
- Process correspondence and assist the dean in providing timely and appropriate response.
- Receive, respond to, and/or forward telephone calls.
- Coordinate scheduling of and arrangements for faculty meetings, committee meetings, and faculty workshops.
- Attend COE faculty and staff meetings; record and distribute minutes.
- Actively assist the dean, communicating closely while exercising initiative in matters that do not demand the dean’s direct intervention.
- Support courses and dissertations where appropriate.
2. Manage the COE Dean’s Office
- Maintain a welcoming environment for faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- Maintain filing systems appropriate to functions of the COE dean, including current faculty records, teaching assignments, faculty study leaves, and data to support annual evaluations.
- Process applications for adjunct faculty members.
- Facilitate development and administration of goals and outcome assessments.
- Supervise part-time or student assistants employed by the office of the dean.
- Interact with other offices to facilitate communication and smooth operation of COE within CIU.
- Organize information for ACSI certification.
- Plan for summer courses and adjuncts, including meals, housing, needs, etc.
3. Monitor finances
- Process VISA card tracking for the dean and dean's direct reports.
- Monitor monthly budget printouts and prepare reports for the dean.
- Process extra faculty and adjunct pay, honoraria, reimbursements, invoices, and ministry meal lists.
- Monitor and purchase supplies necessary for the efficient functioning of the dean’s office.
4. Oversee annual projects
- Coordinate completion of annual reports.
- Track enrollment.
- Coordinate production of COE’s portion of academic programs catalog.
- Coordinate scheduling of COE courses.
- Track faculty credentials for courses they teach each year.
- Maintain files and charts.
5. Oversee student records
- Coordinate assigning of students to academic advisors.
- Monitor status of and notify students who are placed on academic probation.
- Advise students where appropriate.
- Process initial paperwork for admissions.
- Provide reports as necessary.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and service-oriented office environment.
- Familiarity with CIU’s ministry and academic environment, principles, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the COE curriculum, academic programs, and policies.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail communication software.
- Operation of copiers, scanners, phone systems, and fax machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, and act wisely and decisively.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Five years of office experience, preferably at least two of which are in a postsecondary academic environment.
- Education degree or experience desired.