The Digital Applications Program Developer serves as the lead web developer to deliver a competitive, well-structured website that adheres to accepted marketing standards and is competitive with similar universities as CIU. This person is responsible to lead the coding and testing of web applications to implement effective visual design and functionality to accomplish university recruitment objectives within the digital market. In addition, this person is responsible to support the technical integration of web marketing efforts with the University’s enterprise business systems.
- Execute on approved web projects to create, code, test, manage and support university websites, microsites and landing pages to increase the efficacy of CIU’s web presence in recruiting, enrolling and retaining students.
- Proactively monitor the utilization and effectiveness of the university’s web technologies, applications and sites to recommend enhancements and/or incorporating new, emerging digital trends.
- Collaborate with database programmers and institutional stakeholders to manage and support CIU’s internal web portal (my.ciu) to ensure ease of use and accessibility.
- Engage with institutional stakeholders to code, test and implement integration bridges between web applications and university business systems.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix software errors involving existing websites.
- Must be a self-starter willing to take initiative, work independently and manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to include interaction with vendors, faculty, departmental head, Deans and staff.
- Must be a problem solver demonstrating the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and end user capabilities in the development of effective solutions to business problems.
- Proven competence in web structure, code development and testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how web technology integrates with business applications.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in facilitating resolution to conflicting expectations and requirements in the development of technology solutions for business problems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with SEO/SEM marketing strategies, Google Adwords and social media tools for driving traffic to website and landing pages.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, computer science or related field or 5+ years proven professional experience in web development, maintenance and strategies.
- Experience with a web content management system, preferably Drupal, required.
- Experience with a service-side scripting language (e.g. PHP or C#) and web APIs.
- Experience with MySQL or similar database technology required.