The person in this position will serve as the Director of Facilities and Game Operations and will manage all athletic facilities, coordinate game operations for all athletic events, and manage athletic department student-workers. Additionally, as the Sport Management Program Manager, this person will assist in all areas related to running the Sports Management department as part of the School of Business.
Director of Facilities and Games Operations:
• Facility Management:
o Handles/schedules/prioritizes team varsity practices and work-outs
o Creates on-line schedules, and updates the university communication tools.
o Maintains, repairs, inspects all equipment, furnishings, and supplies.
o Interfaces with physical plant as it relates to repairs and janitorial issues.
o Oversee fitness center, softball field, soccer field, and baseball field. Also any intramural fields.
• Games Operations:
o Hires, trains, and schedules all student workers for games set up and take down.
o Creates an environment for all visiting teams, officials and guests to assure that CIU has a professional, Christian, and hospitable environment.
• Student Worker Supervision:
o Hires and manages all student workers for the Fitness Center as well as Games Operations.
Sports Management Program Manager:
• Represent The School of Business to all visitors located in the Bill Jones School of Business.
• Assist in all areas including but not limited to: grading papers, mentoring students, proctoring exams, facilitating/scheduling guest speakers, and setting up special meetings.
• Facilitate on-line academic efforts.
• Assist in organizing the day-to-day operations of Sports Management and the School of Business.
• Plan and prepare the logistics for trips related to Sport Management development.
• Assist in all other duties as assigned by the Director of the Sport Management Program.
• Understand general athletics and the CIU mission.
• Strong, proven interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative and to quickly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Strong ability to work under deadlines while handling multiple priorities.
• Have positive attitude, good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Have flexible scheduling. (Work some evenings and weekends.)
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required.
• Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Experience handling budgets, record keeping, and purchasing.