The Spanish Seminary Program Director oversees the seminary’s programs that are in Spanish. This program could potentially include any degrees in SSM, including AA, BS, MA, MDiv, DML, PhD and any certificate programs. The Director provides comprehensive recruitment, administrative, and instructional leadership of the program, including but not limited to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, focusing on developing and teaching online courses in a graduate-level master’s degree offered in Spanish. The Director collaborates with the dean, other faculty members, and staff to equip Great Commission Christians for ministry in multi-cultural communities and fulfill the university’s mission of educating people from a Christian worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. He or she pursues that mission with a commitment to CIU’s educational philosophy of total life training integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skills development, with Bible at the core.
- Classroom instruction: Demonstrate excellence in online classroom teaching, including proficiency in classroom and online instructional technology. Teach four courses per year in the Spanish Seminary Studies program in a discipline area related to their area of discipline.
- Student relationships: Advise and mentor students; foster student-faculty relationships by participating in student functions and small groups as appropriate.
- Institutional representation: Work with the Marketing and Admissions offices to represent SSM to Spanish-speaking target audiences and to represent CIU to the community at large. Travel to visit potential network connections locally, regionally, and nationally to establish partnerships.
- Professional engagement: Participate in professional associations, research, and writing that support the professional discipline(s) taught.
- Ministry involvement: Model consistent service in local church, mission, and/or marketplace contexts.
- Personal growth: Model Christ-like character and conduct; exhibit growth in areas of personal challenge.
- Program Administration: Develop comprehensive marketing and recruiting plans for the program. Interact with prospective program participants. Recruit and train potential adjuncts. Work with other university departments to facilitate effective operation of the program.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Knowledge of one of the following discipline areas: New Testament, Theological Studies, or Practical Theology.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of classroom and online instructional technology.
- Skill in public speaking, teaching, and written communication.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with and coaching adult learners as well as undergraduate students as necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making.
- A proven track record of the ability to network within the Hispanic community.
- Knowledge on how to make the Spanish Seminary Studies program financially sustainable.
- Has a familiarity with Competency-Based Theological Education (CBTE, or Apprenticeship.)
- Earned Ph.D. or Th.D. from an accredited institution.
- Teaching experience in theological education at the graduate level; five years preferred.
- Experience in church-related ministry; some pastoral experience preferred.
- Commitment to cross-cultural ministry; some cross-cultural ministry experience preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application on this site.