The Evening Library Assistant provides evening supervision of student assistants in combination with providing services for archives/circulation/interlibrary loan.
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 5:30pm to 11:30pm, Saturday – 1pm-9pm
- Provide evening Library use management
- Manage the evening library student assistants
- Archive: assist with archival digitization.
- Oversee collection of fines, replacement of lost library materials, and donations of new library materials.
- Aid in charging, discharging, or renewing of library materials; shelving of books and other materials.
- Assist patrons in identifying and using the library’s print and electronic resources, in person, over the phone and via email.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in technology maintenance preferred – specific training provided
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to be firm and enforce library protocol
- Word processing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation required
- Ability to work evenings.
- Bachelor of Science degree