This psychology faculty provides support for the psychology and human services programs, serving as an instructor and interacting and advising students within the program. The faculty member will teach 24 semester hours annually within the discipline of psychology and/or human services.
• Provide support for the psychology program
• Advise and counsel students within the program
• Interact with prospective students as appropriate
• Endorsing and modeling professional standards and proficiencies
• Teach up to eight (8) college level courses per year (24 semester hours)
• Serve on committees as assigned within the university
• Assist in training students via internships and practicum experiences as appropriate
• Participate in faculty meetings at the college and university level; attend other appropriate events including chapel, conferences, and student events.
• Yearly affirm the institution’s mission, doctrinal position, and community standards
- Knowledge of the disciplines associated with psychology, including the ability to teach at least three of the following courses, plus courses within the faculty member’s area of expertise: experimental psychology, cognitive psychology, physiological psychology, sensation and perception, human development, abnormal psychology, counseling theories, research methods, and supervision of undergraduate research.
- Ability to teach effectively at the college level, utilizing technology as appropriate.
- Competent in or able to learn and facilitate online education.
- Understand the needs and trends associated with traditional college age students as well as the traits necessary for graduates to pursue further education in their chosen fields.
- Commitment to CIU’s mission and vision
- Commitment to live within the standards of the CIU community
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective instructional and counseling strategies and methodologies.
- An earned doctorate (PhD) in Psychology from an accredited university is preferred.
- A willingness to teach consistently from a biblical worldview, aiding students in forming a strong, consistent worldview for themselves.
- Some cross-cultural ministry is desirable.
- At least three years of experience teaching at the college level is preferred.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits are available.