The Graduate Enrollment Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for Columbia International University’s seminary and graduate school programs by following up with leads and helping prospective students and applicants throughout the admissions process. The Graduate Enrollment Counselor is also responsible for traveling and attending admissions, church or business related events and generating new leads.
- Work with prospective students from point of inquiry to registration.
- Follow-up with prospective students through phone calls, emails, texts to meet enrollment goals.
- Coordinate admissions file review with faculty and other university personnel.
- Generate leads by seeking referrals from prospects, applicants, and current students.
- Take prospective students on campus visits and present the features and benefits of attending CIU.
- Travel to and attend admissions, church or business-related events to increase awareness about CIU and generate leads.
- Think creatively how to develop new strategies to successfully market to and recruit future graduates.
- Perform other duties as assigned in conjunction with the enrollment management strategies, needs, and objectives.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible, precise, analytical, tactful, and persuasive.
- Evidence of “goal-oriented” performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Exhibit positive attitude and high energy.
- Knowledge of common software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and other office equipment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in student recruitment, public relations, marketing or ministry leadership preferred.