The graphic designer’s primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the senior graphic designer and other team members to use graphic design skills to fulfill requests from all departments at Columbia International University. Additionally, the graphic designer will use abilities in videography and photography to creatively service the various needs of the university.
- Assist the senior graphic designer with the design and production in the following areas: videography, photography, web design. advertising, direct mail, online and traditional recruitment, social media, and email campaigns.
- Assist with project coordination and marketing for specific departments.
- Perform video shoots and photo shoots when needed to creatively and effectively communicate messages.
- Creatively produce video editing projects.
- Assist in creating and maintaining an inventory of photography, stock images, and other graphic related items.
- Assist with the design and creation of event related promotional materials.
- Ensure proper files, fonts, and links are prepared correctly to produce a job, and know how to troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in effectively using PC and Mac computers and various software packages (i.e. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro or Final Cut, Microsoft Office) to design print and web graphics.
- Must be able to correctly prepare designs into print and digital formats.
- Ability to effectively interact with people from all walks of life and exude professionalism and integrity as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Aptitude for thinking “outside the box,” and finding creative and effective means for accomplishing tasks. Stays up-to-date on latest trends and fads through blogs, tutorials, and/or design publications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible - willingness to adjust one’s schedule in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with photography, videography, and website design.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the department as well as the CIU staff at-large.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Must provide a portfolio to show skill level and abilities in graphic design and videography/photography.
- Creative ability and aesthetic judgment required.
- Understanding of Christian schooling philosophy desirable.