40 hours/12 months
March 01, 2019
The groundskeeper is responsible to care for the grounds of Columbia International University and Ben Lippen School in order to provide a safe and pleasant environment for students, staff, and visitors.
- Maintain turf areas and ornamental beds
- Trim trees and shrubs
- Remove leaves and debris
- Pick up litter
- Prepare beds and plant ornamentals
- Maintain grounds equipment
- Blow sidewalks
- Spread mulch
- Apply pesticides and fertilizer
- Complete other assigned tasks
- Knowledge and skill in using all types of groundskeeping equipment
- General knowledge in repair of equipment from mowers to light equipment
- Skill in the use of power and hand tools
- Ability to use heavy equipment is preferred
- One year groundskeeping and/or landscaping maintenance experience.
- Experience in maintaining athletic fields preferred.