The guest room custodian is responsible for the campus guest rooms and the public restrooms at the Alumni Center, ensuring that the rooms are clean and ready for guests. The employee coordinates with the linen supplier to ensure that adequate linens are available. The guest room custodian may be assigned tasks by the Physical Plant Assistant Director if there is insufficient work to fill the 20 minimum hours per week.
- Clean all assigned areas according to prescribed manner.
- Change linens and make beds.
- Empty all trash containers.
- Monitor linen inventory and ensure linens are properly invoiced.
- Be alert for areas that need custodial attention and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours, and notify supervisor.
- Perform other custodial duties as required by supervisor.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occassional weekends.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Able to assist in medium to heavy lifting.
- Able to be flexible.
- High school diploma
- One year custodial experience