Ben Lippen Upper School
August 01, 2019
A Ben Lippen Art teacher is responsible to:
- Plan and instruct 3-4 sections of high school visual arts classes in the areas of painting, drawing, sculpture, and AP Art.
- Facilitate critical thinking through the visual arts.
- Facilitate student growth through character formation.
- Come along-side the family and church and partner in the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of the student.
- Assist in the mentoring and discipling of teens.
- Perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the High School Principal.
- BA/BS in Art or Art Education required, a Master’s degree in Art or Art Education is preferred.
- ACSI certification is required.
- State certification is preferred.
- 2 years’ experience teaching Art in a school setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad) into the classroom in order to support student learning.