Ben Lippen School
40 hours/12 months
August 01, 2020
- Teach all high school visual art courses (Drawing, 2-D Art & Design, AP 2-D Art & Design, 3-D Art & Design, and AP 3-D Art & Design) and other courses as assigned by the Fine Arts Director or High School Principal
- Plan for instruction through the regular maintenance of course curriculum maps
- Implement assessments in each class to measure student learning and maintain a timely gradebook
- Attend faculty meetings and carry out assigned non-instructional duties
- Sponsor the National Art Honor Society
- Maintain the High School Art Gallery
- Partner with the Fine Arts Director to coordinate student art shows, festivals, and competitions
- Carry out other specific responsibilities as assigned by the Fine Arts Director or High School Principal
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate a full understanding of the official statement on the victorious Christian life and model the life described therein both on and off campus.
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate a clear understanding of the commitment to the statement of faith and purpose of the school.
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and technological skills.
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate proficiency in artistic skills.
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate knowledge of adolescent cognitive development and the ability to instruct students successfully in visual arts curriculum.
- The High School Art Teacher shall demonstrate the ability to inspire learning through effective classroom management and cultivate positive relationships with students.
- The High School Art Teacher shall have earned an undergraduate degree in art or art education from an institution approved by the regional accrediting agency.
- The High School Art Teacher shall earn and maintain an ACSI Standard License.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave
- Educational benefits are available
Qualified applicants please download and complete the BEN LIPPEN SCHOOL APPLICATION.