The Inventory Manager/Staff Accountant provides overall management of the inventory systems, including capital and non-capital equipment. The position will also be responsible for monthly and year-end journal entries, the Accounting web page on my.ciu.edu, and overseeing the corporate credit cards and Amazon/Staples accounts.
- Performs month closing duties including but not limited to prepaid journal entries, monthly recurring journal entries, and capitalization and depreciation calculation and recording.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly.
- Completes quarterly inventory audits and works with CIU, BLS and Pine View to keep inventory up to date.
- Determines updated value of aged inventory yearly.
- Supports Controller during external annual audit by providing schedules and reports as assigned.
- Assists in producing and editing accounting-related policies and procedures in regards to purchasing and inventory management.
- Manages the issuance of new corporate credit cards. Aids with corporate credit card issues when they arise, updates and maintains credit card accounts and related reports.
- Manages the corporate Amazon and Staples accounts, makes adjustments to contracts as needed.
- Manages the BNA and WASP systems for fixed assets and inventory.
- Reconciles the capital accounts quarterly to ensure that all items have been captured and reported correctly.
- Manages the Accounting page on the my.ciu.edu website. Keeps forms updated and works with IT to ensure that all links are active and working properly.
- Completes monthly deferrals for revenue and financial aid for both CIU and BLS.
- Assists with Pine View accounting needs and helps report the variances each month.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Very strong writing skills
- Good with software, technology, and spreadsheets
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Two years or more of experience in inventory management