Information Technology Services
20 hours/12 months
January 24, 2019
IT Business Administrator provides administrative support for the business functions of the IT department to facilitate efficient operations in purchasing, inventory and budget activities.
- Perform general administrative duties to assist in managing daily departmental activities to include responsibilities such as screening vendor calls and visits; receiving and facilitating postal mail, email, voicemail, and general inquiries.
- Manage and document the procurement (including purchase and all related transaction tasks) of hardware, software, and service for the IT department.
- Process and file PO’s, invoices, bills, credit card statements and interdepartmental charges for IT Services department working directly with Accounting department for appropriate transaction handling/record keeping.
- Assist with the maintenance of corporate hardware/software licensing, maintenance contracts, and service agreements. Maintain physical inventory records and electronic records in a format easily accessible for reporting and disaster recovery.
- Assist CIO in the planning and management of budget to ensure appropriate spending and reporting throughout the fiscal year. Provide up to date spending records on request.
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO.
- Must be a self-starter willing to take initiative, work independently and manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to include interaction with vendors, faculty, departmental head, Deans and staff.
- Must be a problem solver demonstrating the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and end user capabilities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in facilitating resolution to conflicting expectations.
- Working knowledge of procurement and budget support systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years experience working in a Higher Education academic environment preferred.
- One to three years experience working with procurement, purchasing and budgeting system(s)