The lead custodian is responsible for planning and completing the tasks needed to maintain the SAR facilities and is responsible for maintaining assigned buildings and furnishings in such a way as to provide a clean, comfortable, and attractive environment for students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Supervise student workers and summer cleaning crews.
- Organize and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Responsible for all aspects of cleaning SAR campus buildings (mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, bathroom cleaning, trash collection, window cleaning, etc.).
- Perform various projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor (moving projects, floor refinishing, events setups etc.).
- Blow debris off sidewalks as needed and monitor the SAR grounds, alerting groundskeeping of any areas that need attention.
- Be alert for areas that need custodial attention and take appropriate action.
- Be alert for fire or safety hazards and notify supervisor.
- Be alert for any security problems, especially after hours and notify security.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks and submit work orders when repairs are needed.
- May be required to work weekends or overtime.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to observe areas that need attention and take appropriate action.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to direct workers and prioritize work orders.
- Ability to do physically challenging work (walking, standing, carrying moderately heavy objects).
- Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor machines, brooms, mops, etc.
- Minimum ability to use hand tools.
- Understanding of custodial procedures and building cleanliness standards.
- Ability to relate to and work around young people.
- Ability to be flexible.
- High School diploma.
- Three years custodial experience.