Ben Lippen School hasa job opening for a long-term Mandarin substitute teacher.
A Ben Lippen long-term Mandarin substitute teacher is responsible to:
- Provide classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent for an extended period of time. The long-term substitute works the regular hours of the absent classroom teacher during his/her absence.
- develop lessons and provide instruction for six sections of upper school (Grades 7-12) Mandarin.
- evaluate academic growth and progress
- establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
The ideal candidate for the long-term Mandarin substitute position should possess
- a bachelor’s degree in Mandarin, education, or a closely related field.
- content mastery of Mandarin grammar and speaking proficiency.
- two years of successful teaching experience in Mandarin.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad) into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a demonstrated ability to lead students toward collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking.
- demonstrated experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.