Ben Lippen Upper School
8-12 hours/week; 8 months
October 15, 2018
The Ben Lippen math lab tutor will assist students ranging from grades 6-12 with completing their math homework.
- Assist students by guiding them through questions that arise while completing math homework
- Establish a strong academic, social and cognitive presence
- Communicate with parents as needed (and with the supervision of the Math Lab Coordinator)
- A demonstrated proficiency in various levels of math, i.e. 6th grade math-Calculus
- A demonstrated familiarity with the iPad as a learning tool
- A clear desire and ability to tutor in a student-centered, problem-based learning environment
- A demonstrated ability to lead students toward collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking
- Desire or experience working in a diverse international community and demonstration of strong inter-cultural skills.
- High school diploma, completion of advanced math courses preferred