Ben Lippen Upper School
40 hours/10 months
August 01, 2018
The Ben Lippen middle school math teacher is responsible to:
- teach up to six sections of upper school mathematics, that could include Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1.
- collaborate with other members of the math department to continually revise and develop the math curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the upper school principal.
The ideal candidate for the middle school math teacher position should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or a closely related field (an advanced degree is preferred).
- ACSI teacher certification.
- two years of successful teaching experience in secondary mathematics.
- a demonstrated ability and interest to innovatively and appropriately bring technologies (including the iPad and TI graphing calculators) into the classroom in order to support student learning.
- a clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered, problem-based learning environment.
- experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.