The Online Student Accounts Supervisor oversees the day to day operations of Student Accounts, for online students, and serves as the liaison between Accounting, Student Financial Services, Student Life and the Registrar’s office for the Online initiative.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and oversight of the student bills for online students.
- Acts as liaison between Student Financial Services, Accounting, Registrar’s Office and Student Life in the preparation and billing of online students during registration.
- Coordinates the refund check process for online students in compliance with federal regulations.
- Counsels online students and parents on statements and payment options.
- Assists accounting staff with the administration of the Student Accounting website and with managing year end processes relating to student accounts (1098T).
- Responsible for the entry of online student accounts receivable charges, adjustments, and transactions, for resolution of issues on accounts and for the collection of account balances.
- Assists with the set up and maintenance of the Charge and Refund tables each online cohort.
- Assists the Student Account Supervisor (Traditional Students) and Director of Budgeting & Accounting Services in other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures and software.
- Knowledge of software: Excel, Word, and ERP Systems..
- Knowledgeable in the proper use of business English, spelling, punctuation.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with students, parents, associates, and general public.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and regularly meet deadlines.
- A.A. in Accounting or related field (i.e. Business Administration), or equivalent experience. At least three years of experience in related job.