The Program Director will work collaboratively with the Associate Provost, Dean of the School of Business and Professional Studies and others to establish a plan for an online nursing program at CIU. Over the first 18 months sequential steps of this plan will be put into motion resulting in the successful launch of a Christ centered, multi-level entry, competency/outcomes based pre-licensure and post licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program.
To successfully launch a Christ centered, multi-level entry, competency/outcomes based pre-licensure and post-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program, we need to:
- Conduct an alumni survey and market analysis.
- Establish the proforma based on Jointly Appointed Clinical Faculty and a clinical fee to cover.
- Submit the results to the SC State Board of Nursing (SBON) with a letter of intent to launch a new program.
- Create a marketing design and plan building on the program attributes and desired outcomes of online theory and local clinical – need a catch-phrase to capture the idea.
- Plan to start seeking partnerships with as many hospitals and Faculty Joint Appointments possible.
- Draft the AACN Essentials Map of course content.
- Establish clinical requirements and ground rules for the Affiliation and Jointly Appointed Clinical Faculty Member Agreement.
- Establish the Admissions and Marketing protocols.
- Submit letter of intent to the SC DoE
- Submit application to the SACSCOC
- Submit application to the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, along with a more detailed Assessment and Evaluation Plan.
- Begin seeking articulation agreements with community colleges.
- Work program approval through internal CIU approvals culminating in CIU Board of Director approval, SACSCOC and ABHE program approval, and other certifications and accreditations as deemed necessary.
- We are seeking a devoted follower of Jesus Christ and an outstanding nursing professional who will seek God given ideas for conducting nursing education at Columbia International University.
- He/she will be called into nursing and will have experience as a nurse educator in faith based programs offering pre-licensure, and post-licensure RNBSN completion, master’s, and /or Doctor of Nursing Practice project advising.
- We are seeking a person excited about the opportunity for a “front row seat” leading the establishment of a nursing program at CIU.
- We are also looking for a person who sees the bigger picture a such God-given experience gives perspective on where the student is heading and how to help them get there, the needs of the faculty and staff, and the stresses and strains of each.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing nurse.
- At least 3 years of experience at some level in higher education.
Qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application and also complete and submit the Instructional Staff Supplement Form.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave
- Educational benefits are available