The receptionist supports the CIU campus and serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies CIU personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system; processes and inputs data as needed.
• Greet and welcome visitors to the campus and verbally direct them to the appropriate places on campus, notifying CIU personnel of visitors, or contacting security as needed.
• Maintain campus wide calendar shared between departments.
• Ensure the Business and IT Center Building 2nd floor lobby, kitchen, and common areas are maintained and cleaned, coffee service for guests is stocked daily, redirect unidentified CIU mail, and direct campus deliveries.
• CIU Graduate and Online Studies Admissions Line - Respond to calls, answer questions, relay information, direct callers to the appropriate places.
• Work with admissions handling returned mail, importing inquiries and processing daily mail in Jenzabar Recruitment Module (JRM), printing out daily letters, labels, and assist in assembling outgoing mail.
• Keep track of office birthdays and ensure that all appropriate admissions’ and online studies’ staff sign birthday cards.
• Work with Online Studies for periodic assistance with Canvas and Instructor-related duties
• Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by supervisors.
• Close attention to detail.
• Technical ability and experience with computers and office equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
• Aptitude to receive constructive criticism.
• Proven interpersonal, scheduling, hospitality and verbal communication skills.
• Three years related experience preferred.
• Bachelor degree preferred, Associate degree required
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe products preferred.