The Lower School Counselor supports the social, emotional and academic needs of students by offering services in a developmentally appropriate manner. The Counselor adapts the programming of services to meet the changing needs of the student population. The Lower School Counselor works under the direction of the Lower School Principal and is a full-time employee.
- Actively support the mission of Ben Lippen School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities.
- Work in collaboration with teachers, administration, parents and outside resources to support student needs.
- Provide classroom guidance and assist teachers and administrators in establishing appropriate behavior management protocols.
- Educate students about self-awareness and self-esteem, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, making friends and avoiding bullying behavior, and understanding their learning uniqueness.
- Provide individual, small group and crisis counseling as appropriate.
- Provide parent support and assist families with referrals to community resources.
- Work in collaboration with the Upper School Counselor to establish a comprehensive counseling program for the School.
- Create and facilitate parent education classes and seminars on relevant developmental issues that students are facing.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or social work
- State or ACSI Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience in an educational setting; Christian school preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with elementary age students preferred
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the BLS Employment Application. The application must be downloaded and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.