The Security Officer will perform in a professional manner routine daily security duties to protect the campus community and assets of Columbia International University. The satisfactory performance of these duties will result in a safe and secure environment for the campus community to live, work, and study.
- Maintain the physical security of buildings and facilities by conducting walkthroughs, door checks, and by following lock/unlock schedules.
- Maintain the security of campus grounds to protect campus community and facilities by frequent vehicle and foot patrols or by manning an access control point.
- Continually be observant of individuals and situations that may compromise the security and safety of the campus community and facilities.
- Be observant for maintenance issues that require attention.
- Enforce campus parking and traffic regulations.
- Complete necessary reports and paperwork as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Work as a team with other officers and the campus community.
- Ability to analyze problems and select proper corrective action.
- Must be 21 years of age in order to meet state requirements for security officer.
- Ability to complete state certification for security officer.
- Ability to be certified in the use of firearms and non-lethal weapons such as OC spray and baton.
- Ability to complete additional training as required.
- Good all around public relations and communications skills.
- Ability to keep good composure in all situations.
- Ability to work alone and remain alert to surroundings.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to sit and drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to stay on feet for a long period of time.
- Good physical condition.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Minimum of one year law enforcement/security experience.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- 100% of employee’s cost of membership in the Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits are available.