The Security Officer will perform in a professional manner routine daily security duties to protect the campus community and assets of Columbia International University. The satisfactory performance of these duties will result in a safe and secure environment for the campus community to live, work, and study.
- Maintain the physical security of buildings and facilities by conducting walkthroughs, door checks, and by following lock/unlock schedules.
- Maintain the security of campus grounds to protect campus community and facilities by frequent vehicle and foot patrols or by manning an access control point.
- Continually be observant of individuals and situations that may compromise the security and safety of the campus community and facilities.
- Be observant for maintenance issues that require attention.
- Enforce campus parking and traffic regulations.
- Complete necessary reports and paperwork as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Work as a team with other officers and the campus community.
- Ability to analyze problems and select proper corrective action
- Must be 21 years of age in order to meet state requirements for security officer
- Ability to complete state certification for security officer
- Ability to be certified in the use of firearms and non-lethal weapons such as OC spray and baton
- Ability to complete additional training as required
- Good all around public relations and communications skills
- Ability to keep good composure in all situations
- Ability to work alone and remain alert to surroundings
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to sit and drive for long periods of time
- Ability to stay on feet for a long period of time
- Good physical condition