Ben Lippen School
Ben Lippen Upper School
Hours vary - temporary position
October 01, 2020
The substitute teacher is responsible for giving instructions and organizing the classroom environment so as to enhance student learning during the period of absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- He/she must work off of teacher lesson plans, give out classwork and assignments and ensure effective discipline and classroom control.
- He/she will provide daily reports to give account of any information pertaining to the events of the day.
- At the commencement of the school day, substitute teachers are expected to report to the school administrative office and collect the appropriate materials and schedule of classes.
- At the end of the school day, he/she is required to return the materials to the school office.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent